International Foster Care Organisation 2017 World Conference, held in partnership with Eurochild, will take place in Malta from 1 to 4 November 2017.
This year’s theme of the conference “Setting Sail from a Safe Port: Giving our children confidence to move forward with safe and permanent relationships” is underpinned by a holistic understanding that every person has a role in protecting children and promoting their well-being. Discussion topics will include:
- Child protection systems and deinstitutionalisation reforms: overall care system reform and DI and family-based care in different regions across the world;
- Meeting the needs of children due to migration;
- Formal and informal educational outcomes for children during care and for careleavers;
- Foster carers and social workers: education, training, assessment, approval, supervision and retention;
- Understanding trauma and its effect;
- Prevention, intervention, early childhood and permanency;
- Partnership, engagement and children & youth participation;
- Measuring success: preventative services, suitable placements, successful transitions and aftercare and the impact and measurement of careleavers successes and attainments.
The Opening Doors for Europe’s Children Campaign will open Day 2 of the Conference leading the plenary session “Strengthening Families. Ending Institutional Care.” and following up with two workshops: “Opening Doors for Europe’s Children: Practices from the ground” and “What’s get measured, gets done, valued, improved…”
For full conference programme see https://2017conference.ifco.info/en/program-schedule