Eurochild , through the ‘Opening Doors for Europe’s Children’ campaign, in cooperation with ENIL and EASPD, is organising a working seminar “Ensuring children’s rights in the context of deinstitutionalisation (DI) in Belgium”. The seminar will take place on 22 June 2017 from 09:00 to 16:45 on the premises of Kind en Gezin (Halleportlaan 27, Brussels, B-1060).
The event will gather key national and EU level stakeholders from the children’s rights, anti-poverty, and disability rights movements and will build on discussions started during the roundtable in January 2017.
Objectives of the working seminar:
- I. To share good practices from Belgium and other European countries on 3 identified advocacy priorities
- II. To work on specific recommendations to the public authorities regarding the process of deinstitutionalisation (DI) in the context of Belgium
- III. To gather contributions for the External Report that will be officially launched during the national seminar of European Expert Group on DI seminar in Belgium in autumn 2017 and will be further widely disseminated
- IV. To initiate the development of a coalition on alternative care for children in Belgium
To see full agenda of the seminar, please click here. In addition, we are seeking submissions from organisations that established a good practice in one of the following areas:
- DI for children under the age of three;
- DI for children with disabilities;
- DI in the context of inclusive education
To download a template for the submission of good practices, please click here. Practices can be submitted via the email Katerina.Nanou@eurochild.org. The deadline for the submissions of good practices is 7th June 2017.